Reporting to the Head of Video Production, the Videographer/Video Editor is responsible for developing, managing, producing and editing video and/or audio modules for Yaqeen Institute video projects and marketing campaigns, promotion and messaging for use across any broadcast or digital platform specified by Yaqeen, current or emerging. The Videographer is essential to the advancement of Yaqeen's digital strategy. Under the direction of the Head of Video Production, the Videographer/Video Editor is a member of the Creative Services team who produces high-quality, relevant work that complements campaign themes, aligns with the Yaqeen brand and supports institutional priorities. Portfolio required.
- Develop, manage, produce, and edit promotional video and/or audio modules for Yaqeen marketing campaigns, promotion and messaging, and/or address institutional priorities for use across any broadcast or digital platform.
- Support Yaqeen’s research team by developing, managing, producing, and editing pre-scheduled lectures, interviews with researchers, series, etc.
- Support Yaqeen’s curriculum team by developing, managing, producing, and editing instructional videos for modules as needed.
- Manage and maintain a library of Yaqeen’s video and audio assets. Maintain back-ups and collaborate with IT.
- Maintain equipment, conduct equipment replacement research when needed and make purchase recommendations.
- Travel frequently and as needed to film various projects, including seminars, conventions, and other video projects with research fellows.
- Stay current in trends and technologies related to video, audio, web, production. Work collaboratively with creative team to advance the role of video in Yaqeen research content, marketing, and curriculum.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Film/Videography, Media Arts, Digital Communication or a related field from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of three years of full-time, professional video production experience, including planning, producing, post-production, and the design/use maintenance of specialized equipment including lighting, audio and cameras.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the role of video and digital storytelling in marketing (especially within the context of integrated marketing campaigns) and ability to adapt techniques to various target audiences and mediums.
- Experience working as a member of a creative team to develop video concepts that complement a larger campaign theme, while remaining true to brand principles.
- Must possess advanced interpersonal and organizational skills to work collaboratively and independently in certain circumstances.
- Advanced knowledge of current post-production techniques, along with editing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of current software including but not limited to sound editing, special effects and graphic design is essential, specifically Adobe Creative Suite. Thorough software knowledge in digital asset management and project management systems is also required.
- Possess technical production skills and project management capability in order to guide the video production process from concept through final delivery.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment to complete both short and long term projects.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends/holidays as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bonus: Experience with 3D Software applications.
- Bonus: Experience with Animation in After Effects.