HR Policy Manager
Yaqeen Institute for Research is looking for a Human Resource Policy Manager to develop, write, and review organizational policies. The position will require extensive knowledge in state and federal employment laws and industry best practices. The officer will also be responsible for facilitating policy training for all current and future employees.
- Up-to-date with all employment laws and nonprofit industry standards.
- Draft and propose new polices with legal guidelines in mind.
- Implement policies and supervise proper application throughout organization.
- Ensure organizational practice is aligned with current labor laws, equal employment, anti-harassment and no discrimination policies.
- Train staff and new hires on all policies and procedures.
- Review and revise employee handbook.
- Create all HR forms, waivers, and maintain file database.
- Assist directors in creating department specific policies and process.
- Work with HR Manager to develop and administer organizational standards.
- Outline pathway to address and resolve employee complaints, disputes, and grievances.
- Apply and maintain reporting process, reviews, and appeals.
- Store and maintain all organizational documents, and records.
- Develop method to review policies impact and effectiveness, taking into account organizational goals and objectives.
- Communicate policy changes and revision to all organizational personnel.
- Provide policy advice and guidance when necessary.
- Perform additional job duties as needed.
- 3 - 4 years of HR and policy writing experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Law, Human Resource Management or related field.
- Strong knowledge of labor legislation.
- Solid understanding of risk and liability management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Proven time management prioritization.