Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Yaqeen please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the execution of a full range of graphic design, including print, digital and web. This includes the production of a variety of communication needs for Yaqeen.
- Maintain a consistent visual identity across all platforms
while customizing per medium.
- Understand brand, brand standards and how to apply across all mediums.
- Maintain an organized workflow and complete assignments
quickly and efficiently.
- Utilize various graphic software programs to design
and produce brochures, ads, flyers for print and online.
- Demonstrate confidence and a collaborative
attitude with all team members.
- Adhere to established branding guidelines, policies
and graphic standards throughout all design tasks.
- Assist with any other marketing duties as required
depending on the department’s needs.
- Take creative direction and design critique well
and adapt designs when required.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects
- Handle multiple projects at once and has attention to detail.
- Strong design portfolio with a minimum of 3 or more years of experience
- University diploma or degree in Graphic Design
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently,
and collaborate well with creative direction.
- Excellent understanding of typography, detail-oriented
and able to maintain brand consistencies.
- Vector illustration for iconography and infographics.
- Ability to adapt design to different styles — take art direction and assist Creative Director in the creation of artwork.
- Interest in infographics and artwork for animation/storyboarding.
- Love of typography and a keen eye for layout.
- Deliver quality work while adhering to the production schedule and deadlines.
- Advanced/expert knowledge in the Adobe Creative Cloud package particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign.
- Adaptable to work independently, set and prioritize projects to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and work well with others and as part of a team.
- Must be able to visualize, analyze, and organize Islamic academic research through working knowledge of the basic beliefs, values, and practices of Islam.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies target audiences for Yaqeen content and products within the region by researching, networking, and building contact lists to help locate key people, who can then work toward Yaqeen resource integration.
- Maintains a recurring relationship with Islamic centers, mosques, MSAs, Islamic schools, youth groups, and other Islamic organizations within the specified region as well as key religious and community leaders.
- Implements a system to inform these groups, institutions, and individuals about Yaqeen’s resources and promotes and supports their use.
- Conducts on-site resource training and support.
- Develops familiarity with Yaqeen’s resources.
- Participates pro-actively in Yaqeen’s quality management and data collection programs.
- Recruits, trains, and manages regional volunteers.
- Contacts vendors for special events, acquires quotes, and maintains pricing information.
- Supports donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Supports projects and leads in planning and execution of donor and network-facing events and webinars.
- Models Islamic character and professionally represents the Yaqeen brand and culture.
- Minimum of a BA, BS, or equivalent.
- Ability to organize and prioritize time and accurately complete multiple varied tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor information and other sensitive information.
- Excellent data entry skills with a passion for data management, accuracy and reporting.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent customer service background and demonstrated organizational and communications skills.
- Two to three years related work experience with the Muslim community preferred.
Required Leadership Competencies:
- Manages for Results – Strong project management skills necessary to manage and coordinate multiple relationships and projects at one time.
- Leverages Functional Expertise – Ability to proactively and independently manage all aspects of regional fundraising activities.
- Communicates Effectively – Ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders through both written and verbal communication.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Ability to collaborate across a variety of internal departments as well as partner and engage with a wide range of external stakeholders.
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals – Ability to understand Yaqeen’s overall strategy and then work to implement the strategies.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive. Experience with or interest in learning HubSpot, Classy, Salesforce, and other partnership development software.
- Superior verbal/written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Ability to manage up and across different staff levels to bring projects to completion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and strong attention to details.
The Curriculum Developer is responsible for developing curriculum units based on Yaqeen publications. For each unit, they will create a set of learning objectives that determine what students will learn by the end of each lesson plan. Based on these objectives, the curriculum developer will then create a narrative which explains the objectives and ensures coherency throughout the entire unit. They will also be responsible for supervising and providing guidance to the lesson plan developers.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and complete the following sample exercise.
- Develop a narrative for each curriculum unit, based on Yaqeen publication (s). (See sample exercise).
- Supervise and work alongside multiple lesson plan developers
- Formulate objectives and review standards
- Identify essential content and/or gaps in knowledge
- Structure content and organize learning experiences
- Create formative and summative assessments
- Ensure alignment of standards, instructional strategies, and assessments
- Determine evaluation methods to assess curricula
- Meet and collaborate with the Expanded Learning Director and other members of the team to discuss and clarify the direction of curriculum development
- Present updates to the team for discussion and approval
- Regularly attend briefs, group meetings, status meetings, and presentations where appropriate
- Review and recommend external education materials to be used as prerequisites where needed
- Develop procedures for teachers to implement curriculum
- Provide recommendations, modifications, and edits to the curriculum
- Analyze and design courseware and curriculum that can be delivered through various means and/or settings (e.g. classrooms, online training, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum education required: Master’s degree in education and/or curriculum development
- Extensive and intensive knowledge of the classical Islamic disciplines (e.g. uṣūl al-dīn, uṣul al-fiqh, ʿilm al-ḥadīth, etc.)
- Extensive and intensive knowledge of the major discourses in the field of Islamic Studies as developed primarily by Western academia
- Demonstrate the ability to critique and discuss his/her own work and the work of others in a constructive manner
- Demonstrate an aptitude to present concepts and work
- Must be able to analyze and organize Islamic academic research through working knowledge of the beliefs, values, and practices of Islam
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make recommendations for improvement in curriculum and teaching
- Effective writing skills
- Creativity — able to think of new ways to engage students