Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Yaqeen please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Account Executive is key to maintaining the relationship between the Creative Services department and the other departments in the organization. AEs are the liaison between other departments (Research, Marketing, Expanded Learning, Development, Partner Development, Engineering) and the creative team to ensure their needs and goals are being met on every project.
A Typical Day:
- Check the status of each department’s job(s) in the creative department and verify the jobs will be complete on time.
- Contact each department at least once a day to discuss current and upcoming projects.
- Keep track of the next steps in the production.
- Assign tasks and check the statuses of outstanding tasks.
- Conduct a daily morning check to go over items/tasks assigned and due for the day and determine if there are any roadblocks.
- Communicate any issues with the team to CD.
- Conduct weekly job status meetings to gather and share information with the rest of the team.
- Initiate briefing for the client and create timelines and tasks for the work to be done (future planning).
- Keep a check of time spent on each project by each creative.
A Perfect Day:
- Departments are happy, and tasks and jobs for every client are on or ahead of schedule.
- Managing the processes, promises and not individual people.
Top of Mind Issues:
- Making and keeping departments happy.
- Creative department is happy and focused on work.
- Workflow is efficient and the right stuff is getting done.
- Works with the Creative Director to manage and set up meetings, budget and handle several department accounts at a time.
- Maintain department satisfaction: Work with departments to plan and execute on deliverables and deadlines in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining expectations and avoiding burnout of creatives.
- Collect, document and analyze data: Keep track of hours spent on projects, compile accurate data to help CD and COO determine costs of creative production for different products.
- Traffic control: Maintain inflow of projects, collection of creative briefs, and work with CD to assign creatives to projects. Maintain and create scope of project and workback plans with feasible dates.
- Conversation management: Maintain minutes of meetings and key takeaways and keep track of promises/action items.
- Meetings: Set up meetings in collaboration with the CD and other departments.
- Project Management: Keep track of project progress in Asana, make updates to Asana, keep talent on track without overwhelming them.
- Providing support for clients by learning about and satisfying their needs.
- Following up with prospects several times throughout the production cycle to ensure needs are being met.
- Building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with internal departments to create a better customer experience.
- Handling complaints and negotiations.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience in a creative, brand, marketing or advertising agency. Or equivalent experience in an in-house design department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, design management, or related field.
- Additional education or experience may be preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of working with creative talent (copywriters, designers, videographers, animators etc.) and the creative process.
- The drive and energy to manage multiple accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent skills with project management and reporting software.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and work well with others and as part of a team.
Title: Expanded Learning Product Owner
Reporting to the Director of Expanded Learning, the Product Owner will oversee the short and long term management of multiple products, including Conviction Circles, Curriculum, Conversations, and Talk Toolkits. He or she will work across departments to ensure that each product’s marketing, engineering, creative, etc. dependencies are met. One of the primary responsibilities of this position is to work with other departments to develop unique ways in which the community can take advantage of our products.
The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring the success of each product by setting performance goals and having review measurements in place. This will include developing and conducting surveys, as well as reporting and analyzing feedback. Since the Product Owner will be supervising multiple projects, he or she should be prepared to engage in content involving various disciplines such as partnership, marketing, and research.
The Product Owner will be a critical lever in improving the learning experience across Yaqeen’s different Expanded Learning products. He or she will promote reflection, provide guidance and structure where needed, and focus on strengths, collaboration and common issues of concern. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring high-quality production of Conviction Circles, Curriculum, and Talk Toolkits.
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Provide recommendations, modifications, and edits for product development
- Regularly attend briefs, group meetings, status meetings, and presentations where appropriate
- Identify gaps in the content and provide recommendations to relevant department on how to best address these gaps
- Acquire a deep comprehension of all content the Expanded Learning department produces
- Provide direction and coordination for how the curriculum is taught consistent with Expanded Learning’s guidance and recognized best instructional practices.
- Incentivize product users to complete surveys and provide feedback
- Provide detailed feedback to Expanded Learning team on the progress of teachers/facilitators and identify any potential gaps in process
- Review each product process and suggest methods to improve efficiency and output
- Maintain and updates product backlog
- Refine and prioritize product goals and development
- Ensure the product team meets deadlines and release dates
- Internal focus on all product related questions and issues
- Co-ordinate release and monitor performance of the various products in conjunction with marketing, creative, engineering and partner development teams.
- Work with shared services departments on a regular basis to adjust approaches for optimal product success.
- Define and refine product objectives and measurements of success.
- Evaluate product progress at each iteration.
- Work with the Director and COO to help define budget for each product.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree with 1 year experience as a product owner, manager or developer
- Certifications in PSPO, CSPO or Safe POPM are a plus but not required
- Demonstrate the ability to critique and discuss his/her own work and the work of others in a constructive manner
- Demonstrate an aptitude to present concepts and work
- Effective writing skills
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills, including giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Strong pedagogical knowledge and content expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Efficient application of project management skills
- Understands foundational Islamic ideas, concepts, values and principles
- Maintain a consistent visual identity across all videos.
- Strong animation and motion graphics skills.
- An eye for harmonic image compositions.
- Good feeling for rhythm and editing.
- Creating beautiful animations that flow well.
- Able to interpret creative direction in provided storyboards.
- Good knowledge of video formats, encoding.
- Basic knowledge of sound design is preferred.
- Knowledge of video production (gear selection, lighting, green screen, sound, shooting, and editing and implementing notes to create an engaging video asset) is a plus.
- Understand brand, brand standards and how to apply to video.
- Creating videos from supplied and/or self created graphics.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, animation and video footage.
- Managing the pace of the videos so they are easy to follow.
- Maintain an organized workflow and complete assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate confidence and a collaborative attitude with all team members.
- Take creative direction and design critique well and adapt design elements when required.
- Love for creative text/typography animation.
- Collaborate with marketing and creative services team on designing and editing motion graphics content.
- Engage in every stage from the video creation process: concepting, scoping, storyboarding, production and post production.
- Ability to take files from Creative Director and adapt and prep them for animation.
- Ability to incorporate viewpoints and take feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director on storyboard concepts for video animation.
- Create templates for branding assets including logo animations, title cards, typography, text templates, subtitles, lower thirds.
- Create animations for short videos strategized for publication on social media.
- Produce conceptual animations (designs and final executions) that are engaging, unique, and reflect a cohesive brand aesthetic.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward.
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully.
- Handle multiple projects at once and have attention to detail.
- Strong motion graphics portfolio with a minimum of 2 or more years of experience. Proven track record, showreel a must.
- University diploma or degree in Animation / Motion Graphics or similar.
- Animate graphics, characters, and text in After Effects.
- Deliver quality work while adhering to the production schedule and deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge in the Adobe Creative Cloud package particularly
- Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Premiere Pro.
- Advanced technical skill in video production, editing & motion graphics.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently, and collaborate well with creative direction.
- Avid consumer of video trends on Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook etc.
- Excellent understanding of typography, detail-oriented and able to maintain brand consistencies.
- Adaptable to work independently, set and prioritize projects to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and work well with others and as part of a team.
- Must be able to visualize, analyze, and organize Islamic academic research through working knowledge of the basic beliefs, values, and practices of Islam.