Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Yaqeen please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.
Location: U.S. or Canada
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and creative Social Media Manager to join our team. As Social Media Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing our social media strategy in order to increase our online presence, improve our marketing efforts, and represent our brand. You will curate Yaqeen content and products, packaging them creatively and effectively to increase brand awareness and widen our digital community. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and user engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies. We expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail are a must. Most importantly, you should be passionate about our brand and mission to dismantle doubts, nurture conviction, and inspire contribution. You will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Oversee all social media marketing campaigns.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content, including on the website.
- Develop and manage monthly editorial calendar.
- Use Yaqeen’s marketing software to schedule posts at optimal times for reach and engagement.
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in a “social” way while cultivating leads.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our audience on each platform.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Align with the Creative team on all required graphic design where needed (ie: cover, profile photo, thumbnails, ads, etc).
- Design, create, and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate with Yaqeen’s overall marketing campaign plan.
- Manage online review funnel for building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review timely and with care.
- Compile performance reports for Director of Marketing showing ROI
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Use trending hashtags effectively to tap into relevant conversations and create branded hashtags to drive user engagement.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the organization and report as required
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Maintain brand integrity through all platforms, posts, and comments.
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager (3 years minimum experience preferred)
- BS degree in Marketing, New media, Journalism, or relevant field
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Experience working with Facebook’s suite of paid media tools and other native social networking paid media solutions
- Strong understanding of online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- High attention to detail and precise data input
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to ensure optimal campaign performance. We believe in work-life balance, but from time to time, duty calls.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and links to 3 social media accounts that you currently manage.