Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Yaqeen please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.
Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is looking to hire a Curriculum Coach in the Expanded Learning department. The Curriculum Coach is a critical lever in improving the learning experience across Yaqeen’s different Expanded Learning products. The role of the coach is to build the capacity of the facilitator/teacher though their understanding of instructional practices as well as comprehension of Yaqeen content. A Curriculum Coach will promote reflection, provide guidance and structure where needed, and focus on strengths, collaboration and common issues of concern. The coach is responsible for ensuring high-quality instruction in Conviction Circles/classrooms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acquire a deep comprehension of all content Yaqeen produces.
- Schedule weekly sessions with facilitators and teachers to review discussion kits and lesson plans. Answer questions related to that week’s content and any unanswered questions from previous sessions.
- Support the instructional development of all facilitators/teachers in understanding the Yaqeen curriculum.
- Build strong relationships with teachers, facilitators and authors.
- Provide direction and coordination for how the curriculum is taught consistent with Expanded Learning’s guidance and recognized best instructional practices.
- Assist teachers with resources, materials, tools, information, etc. to support classroom instruction and planning, including new resources.
- Assist teachers with planning and pacing of lessons, the development of differentiated lessons, and the selection of best practices to meet the needs of their students.
- Provide detailed feedback to Expanded Learning team on the progress of teachers/facilitators and identify any potential gaps in content.
- Submit a weekly coaching log and any pertinent data requests/coaching documentation.
- Masters degree preferred with minimum 5 years’ experience teaching, with a record of successfully impacting student achievement and working successfully with students who have the greatest needs.
- Advanced degree in Islamic Studies or equivalent.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills, including giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Strong pedagogical knowledge and content expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This role will initially be paid per hour with potential to convert to a full time role. Estimated commitment of 20 hours per week. Rate is dependent on experience.
Malaysia Open Position(s)*:
Yaqeen is expanding its Engineering team into Malaysia. *Candidates willing to re-locate to Malaysia will be considered.
We are seeking a React.js Developer responsible for both front-end development. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important. The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems (preferably WordPress). Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with Node.js
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
*Candidates willing to re-locate to Malaysia will be considered.