Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Yaqeen please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.
Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is looking to hire a Curriculum Coach in the Expanded Learning department. The Curriculum Coach is a critical lever in improving the learning experience across Yaqeen’s different Expanded Learning products. The role of the coach is to build the capacity of the facilitator/teacher though their understanding of instructional practices as well as comprehension of Yaqeen content. A Curriculum Coach will promote reflection, provide guidance and structure where needed, and focus on strengths, collaboration and common issues of concern. The coach is responsible for ensuring high-quality instruction in Conviction Circles/classrooms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acquire a deep comprehension of all content Yaqeen produces.
- Schedule weekly sessions with facilitators and teachers to review discussion kits and lesson plans. Answer questions related to that week’s content and any unanswered questions from previous sessions.
- Support the instructional development of all facilitators/teachers in understanding the Yaqeen curriculum.
- Build strong relationships with teachers, facilitators and authors.
- Provide direction and coordination for how the curriculum is taught consistent with Expanded Learning’s guidance and recognized best instructional practices.
- Assist teachers with resources, materials, tools, information, etc. to support classroom instruction and planning, including new resources.
- Assist teachers with planning and pacing of lessons, the development of differentiated lessons, and the selection of best practices to meet the needs of their students.
- Provide detailed feedback to Expanded Learning team on the progress of teachers/facilitators and identify any potential gaps in content.
- Submit a weekly coaching log and any pertinent data requests/coaching documentation.
- Masters degree preferred with minimum 5 years’ experience teaching, with a record of successfully impacting student achievement and working successfully with students who have the greatest needs.
- Advanced degree in Islamic Studies or equivalent.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills, including giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Strong pedagogical knowledge and content expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This role will initially be paid per hour with potential to convert to a full time role. Estimated commitment of 20 hours per week. Rate is dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a full-time QA Engineer. The position requires a strong background in OS, Android, JS testing along with WordPress administration and basic technical troubleshooting skills. The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred. Attention to detail is required.
- Manual testing of all posts and pages that Yaqeen releases on its website.
- Bulk modifications to existing posts and pages as required.
- Assisting the marketing and engineering departments with the release of new posts and features.
- Documenting the existing process flow for posting at Yaqeen and continuously working to improve upon it to minimize errors.
- Review and analyze requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Prioritize and plan testing activities
- Play the role of test engineer: Design, develop, and execute automated tests
- Identify and report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved
- Perform regression testing
Skills & Requirements
- Good understanding of CMS technologies such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as selenium Keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
*Candidates willing to re-locate to Malaysia will be considered.