Journal Vol. 1 No. 2 of the Institute for Islamic Research Now Available on Amazon Prime
Published: January 15, 2019 • Edited: January 12, 2022
Authors: Yaqeen Institute
The second issue of our journal is now available on Amazon Prime.
The Journal of the Institute for Islamic Research is an academic-grade publication dedicated to curating high-quality, peer-reviewed research articles that deal with the contemporary issues of Islam today.
The purpose of the journal is:
- to be a physical, accessible resource that is not limited to academic circles
- to create an opportunity for researchers and academicians to explore Islam through the lens of diverse occupations and backgrounds
- to tackle the most controversial questions posed about Islam with evidence
- to maintain academic integrity and relevancy in educating the public
- to inspire readers to contribute positively to society
- to establish an academic resource that can be featured in the university and/or public sector
The Journal of the Institute for Islamic Research is a part of the initiative by Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research to reclaim the narrative and to make high-quality, academic-grade, peer-reviewed research publications and articles the source of authentic information about Islam and the issues Muslims face today.
The issue includes the following articles:
- “We Used to Have No Regard for Women”: Gender Equity & the Advent of Islam" by Maryam Al- Dabbagh, Sh. Omar Suleiman, Roohi Tahir, and Sh. Mohammad Elshinawy
- “Does Islam Need Saving? An Analysis of Human Rights” by Nour Soubani
- “The Issue of Apostasy in Islam” by Dr. Jonathan A. C. Brown
- "Forever on trial—Islam and the charge of violence" by Dr. Nazir Khan
- “Religious Minorities under Muslim Rule” by Tesneem Alkiek
- “Islam and the Abortion Debate” by Sh. Omar Suleiman
- “Du’as of the Enslaved: A Journey Through Images” by Margarita Rosa
- “The Infinitely Merciful and the Question of Hellfire” by Sh. Mohammad Elshinawy
- “How to be a Mindful Muslim: An Exercise in Islamic Meditation” by Justin Parrott
Order your copy here.