June 23, 2020
Yaqeen Institute serves as a platform bringing together a variety of Muslim scholars, academics, and intellectuals discussing topics of central importance to the contemporary Muslim community.
Maintaining scholarly rigor is an indispensable part of this work and we strive to maintain our commitment to accuracy and truth, to continuous improvement, and to our responsibility to Allah, our readership, and supporters.
In the pursuit of truth, one of the most critical elements is to revise and improve content. In doing this, we can provide readers with the most up-to-date and rigorous scholarship on a particular topic, vetted by a panel of scholars and researchers.
The below articles have been updated to reflect anything from new content, additional references, error corrections, and/or further explanations when needed.
- Jihad as Defense: Just-War Theory in the Qur’an and Sunnah by Justin Parrot
- Forever on Trial - Islam and the Charge of Violence by Dr. Nazir Khan
- Difference of Opinion: Where do we draw the line? by Dr. Nazir Khan
- Tawaqquf and Acceptance of Human Evolution by Dr. David Solomon Jalajel
- Stoning and Hand Cutting - Understanding Hudud and the Shariah in Islam by Dr. Jonathan AC Brown
- Women in Islamic Law: Five Prevalent Myths by Dr. Nazir Khan, Tesneem Alkiek and Safiah Chowdhury.
- In Defense of Faith: Principles and Guidelines for Islamic Apologetics by Dr. Hatem al-Hajj