Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Yaqeen please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the execution of a full range of graphic design, including print, digital and web. This includes the production of a variety of communication needs for Yaqeen.
- Maintain a consistent visual identity across all platforms
while customizing per medium.
- Understand brand, brand standards and how to apply across all mediums.
- Maintain an organized workflow and complete assignments
quickly and efficiently.
- Utilize various graphic software programs to design
and produce brochures, ads, flyers for print and online.
- Demonstrate confidence and a collaborative
attitude with all team members.
- Adhere to established branding guidelines, policies
and graphic standards throughout all design tasks.
- Assist with any other marketing duties as required
depending on the department’s needs.
- Take creative direction and design critique well
and adapt designs when required.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects
- Handle multiple projects at once and has attention to detail.
- Strong design portfolio with a minimum of 3 or more years of experience
- University diploma or degree in Graphic Design
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently,
and collaborate well with creative direction.
- Excellent understanding of typography, detail-oriented
and able to maintain brand consistencies.
- Vector illustration for iconography and infographics.
- Ability to adapt design to different styles — take art direction and assist Creative Director in the creation of artwork.
- Interest in infographics and artwork for animation/storyboarding.
- Love of typography and a keen eye for layout.
- Deliver quality work while adhering to the production schedule and deadlines.
- Advanced/expert knowledge in the Adobe Creative Cloud package particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign.
- Adaptable to work independently, set and prioritize projects to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and work well with others and as part of a team.