Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Yaqeen please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Animator is responsible for the creation, execution and management of motion graphics assets for Yaqeen. The Animator will be responsible for animating videos and will be provided with artwork, storyboard and creative direction. The role is ideally suited to someone with a strong knowledge of motion graphic design principles and design software. Knowledge and experience of Adobe Creative Cloud:
After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator is essential.
- Maintain a consistent visual identity across all videos.
- Strong animation and motion graphics skills.
- An eye for harmonic image compositions.
- Good feeling for rhythm and editing.
- Creating beautiful animations that flow well.
- Able to interpret creative direction in provided storyboards.
- Good knowledge of video formats, encoding.
- Basic knowledge of sound design is preferred.
- Knowledge of video production (gear selection, lighting, green screen, sound, shooting, and editing and implementing notes to create an engaging video asset) is a plus.
- Understand brand, brand standards and how to apply to video.
- Creating videos from supplied and/or self created graphics.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, animation and video footage.
- Managing the pace of the videos so they are easy to follow.
- Maintain an organized workflow and complete assignments
quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate confidence and a collaborative attitude with all team members.
- Take creative direction and design critique well and adapt design elements when required.
- Love for creative text/typography animation.
- Collaborate with marketing and creative services team on designing
and editing motion graphics content.
- Engage in every stage from the video creation process: concepting,
scoping, storyboarding, production and post production.
- Ability to take files from Creative Director and adapt and prep
them for animation.
- Ability to incorporate viewpoints and take feedback from
- Collaborate with Creative Director on storyboard concepts for video animation.
- Create templates for branding assets including logo animations, title cards, typography, text templates, subtitles, lower thirds.
- Create animations for short videos strategized for publication on social media.
- Produce conceptual animations (designs and final executions) that are engaging, unique, and reflect a cohesive brand aesthetic.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback,
and critique respectfully.
- Handle multiple projects at once and has attention to detail.
- Strong motion graphics portfolio with a minimum of 2 or more
years of experience. Proven track record, showreel a must.
- University diploma or degree in Animation / Motion Graphics or similar.
- Animate graphics, characters, and text in After Effects.
- Deliver quality work while adhering to the production schedule and deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge in the Adobe Creative Cloud package particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Premiere Pro.
- Advanced technical skill in video production, editing & motion graphics.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently, and collaborate well with creative direction.
- Avid consumer of video trends on Instagram, Youtube, Twitter,
Reddit, Facebook etc.
- Excellent understanding of typography, detail-oriented and able to maintain brand consistencies.
- Adaptable to work independently, set and prioritize projects to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and work well with others and as part of a team.
Job title: Director of Development
Summary of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to lead a team in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing major and planned gifts to broaden and stabilize the funding base for Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research (YIIR), while communicating the organization’s mission, goals, and strategic direction. The individual in this position will speak in front of groups and gatherings of various sizes for the purpose of educating donors and the community on the projects of YIIR.
The Director of Development is responsible for identifying new donors and cultivating and developing relationships with current and prospective individual major donors all across the U.S., in order to build donor support of the organization’s mission and to enhance the group’s impact on the community. They will manage the donor database and supervise a team of volunteers. The Director of Development will drive the effort to secure gifts, primarily from individuals and family foundations. The Director will develop and implement strategies for identifying major gift prospects, cultivating donors and prospects, and maximizing gifts. In addition, the Director will identify and develop strategies for candidates for the Board of Directors and other leadership opportunities. The Director will assist with special events, including conception, planning and implementing strategic donor cultivation events, and assisting with fundraising and logistics for multiple benefits and other events as needed. The candidate must show commitment to YIIR’s faith-inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure active pipeline of major donors by recognizing and engaging donors through strategy development, coordination with senior staff, strategic collaboration with volunteers, and oversight of prospect research and management.
- Identify prospects from daily/weekly gift reports; using criteria to mine the database to uncover prospects; reviewing donor lists from peer organizations; and using other strategies and database resources to identify new potential major donors.
- Create and oversee major gifts strategic plan, policies, and procedures, in coordination with the Board of Directors, that are essential for a comprehensive major gifts initiative.
- Develop and manage the gifts annual operational and revenue plans in conjunction with YIIR’s annual budget.
- Work with the Board of Directors to enlist the participation of fundraisers and volunteer leadership in identifying, cultivating, and maintaining major donor prospects.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies for prospects, including annual giving goals and goals for discrete campaigns.
- Develop strategy memoranda and meeting scripts to prepare senior staff to make successful asks, demonstrating an understanding of donor interests and philanthropic habits.
- Manage stewardship of YIIR’s major donor portfolio, ensuring that donors experience high-quality interactions that foster long-term engagement and investment.
- Develop methods to convey the impact of gifts and ensure that donors are kept up-to-date on key developments in YIIR’s fast-changing campaigns and priorities. Set and meet goals for a number of touch points annually.
- Enlist the support of high-level donors and volunteers to host events and provide new prospect names. Execute logistics, develop strategic event programming in consultation with senior development staff, and strategize and coordinate post-event follow-up.
- Assign and assist with prospect research sufficient to confirm major donor capacity.
- Maintain donor records in Salesforce database: enter contact reports in donor records and ensure that next steps are scheduled for all active and prospective donors. Enter gift capacity ratings for donors and prospects based on prospect research and use these ratings to prioritize prospects and assign portfolios to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain accurate contact information for donors and run reports based on gift capacity, giving history, outstanding contacts, and other criteria as needed.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with the community, as well as with volunteers and donors.
- Develop and manage expense budgets for Major Giving, tracking adherence to budgeted spending limits.
- Organize annual field trips/events/speaking engagements for donors and community leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree a must.
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in a non-profit, direct experience managing fundraising portfolios, including management experience, stewardship, and fundraising
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative, be attentive to detail and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience deploying program and senior staff strategically in moves management and asks, in assessing capacity through prospect research, and managing donor relations.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to build and manage a donor portfolio.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with volunteers, colleagues, and donors.
- Self‐motivated with a high level of energy.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with donor databases (SalesForce preferred).
- Strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for the confidentiality of donor information.
- Ability to prioritize and balance the demands of being on the road.
- Ability to show initiative and resourcefulness to meet the needs of donors.
- Ability to monitor budgets and produce reports and other correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Comprehensive knowledge of development and corporate relations; and demonstrated ability to solicit and grow major gifts
- Experience working in a mission-driven organization and achieving aggressive fundraising goals.
- Open and collaborative management style, conducive to effective team-building, fostering team spirit and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Professional demeanor; demonstrated social skills with large groups, as well as individuals.
Location: Irving, TX
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Office Manager/Bookkeeper is responsible for efficient operations for Yaqeen. The person is extremely detail oriented is someone who is excited and passionate about being organized and finishing tasks on a timely basis.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To respond to all fundraising enquiries, requests and gifts received in a prompt, efficient and thoughtful manner within agreed timescales.
- To thank donors for their gifts efficiently, within agreed timescales and in a personal manner.
- To enter data onto our donor management database and maintain accurate records of donations, donors’ personal information, reports sent and any other data relating to fundraising (both electronic and paper)
- To collate information and materials as requested by fundraisers, volunteers and supporters
- Additional duties may be assigned by the board of directors
- University diploma or degree in a related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience
- Intelligence, organisation and creativity.
- Excellent administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to use own initiative; manage own workload and that of others
- Excellent ‘customer service’ skills on telephone, in writing and in person.
- Commitment to, understanding and sensitive communication of our work and values.
- A high standard of spoken and written English; able to present a case clearly and passionately
- Excellent with numbers.
- Meticulous; high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working in an office environment;
- Proficient with Quickbooks, fundraising software and Google Apps.
- To be determined once candidate is hired.