Lead Product Manager
US or Canada
Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is looking for a Lead Product Manager to guide and coach other Product Owners. The Lead Product Manager works cross-functionally with engineers, creative, marketing, data, and research to build world class Islamic products. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Product Managers who move quickly, can help innovate, and coherently drive product initiatives from 0 → 1. The Lead Product Manager will help build a strategy, roadmap, and execute and measure success of the products. The primary focus will be on coaching on Product best practices. Experimentation and customer empathy, along with taking ambiguous and complex problems and breaking them down to take action and to build the best solution for our audience, are critical for this role.
- Display strong leadership, organizational and execution skills.
- Is the primary driver for identifying significant opportunities, and driving product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals.
- Ability to incorporate data, research and market analysis to inform product strategies and roadmaps.
- Leads and motivates a team of engineers and other cross-functional representatives, and maintains team health.
- Understand user requirements and craft solutions for designers and engineers to execute.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Experience in product management or related experience driving projects with cross-functional colleagues in a senior/lead role.
- Experience creating strategic product roadmaps, product vision, go-to-market strategy, and metrics to track success.
- Design thinking and customer-centric approach to building, experimenting, and iterating products.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Experience of going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
- Experience developing Muslim products and leading cross-functional teams.
- BA/BS in relevant field, Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Experience building a brand new product from scratch, 0 → 1.